Since this unit runs alongside Unit 3 I spoke to Emma and we made a team decision to set the project up ready for the creation of cutscenes once more of the planning and storyboard process has been completed in unit 3. This decision was made since it will help to have visual plans while creating the cut scene’s and quick time events later in the unit.
The first steps we decided to work on was the character blueprint and movement, we did this to start work on the gameplay sections which will be present between our cutscenes as we had planned.
I started this by creating a character blueprint using the third person blueprint as a starting point from here the main focus was improving on movement to get a much more realistic and believable move set, to do this I planned to make a locomotion set which will blend animations so that no matter what direction the player move’s in, the transition is as smooth as possible. As well as this I wanted to also programme the character to be able to get up off the ground after rag dolling. While I began to set the blueprint up I asked Emma to work on making the animations blends I would need for the locomotion set and then placed the task onto our agile scrum sheet with a time frame for it to be completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment